Wednesday 9 January 2008

Ok...So it's time to catch up again!!

Oh my word!!!! How long has been since the last time I posted!!!


So here we are in 2008...... quick recap of the end of last year...


Erm....I did the 5K Hydro Race (well mostly walk!!) in September... and I'd like to thank everyone who sponsored me. I raised £368!
I'd also like to thank Jules, Michelle and Jane for being there with me... it was a fantastic day - thanks, luv & hugs to you ladies! xx I would, of course, also like to thank my hubby and my boys for being there to cheer me on!! xx


In October I spent a fab weekend with a Lurvlie group of friends who I met through UK Scrappers. Had a wonderful time, scrapped lots, chatted loads, drank wine, ate well.... and there was a Chocolate fountain - Heaven!!!

I'm afraid to say that the main things I remember about November and December are that - following the flu jab at the end of October - I felt pretty "pants" most of the time!! It was my first year of having it, due to having MS, I'm considered one of those "at risk." Let's just say that I doubt very much that I'll be having it this year!!!

So.... back to the present day..... I'm still feeling rough - rattling from the amount of painkillers that I'm taking..... but enough of that - I've actually been scrapping!!! Yay!!

I've joined in the Elsie Flannigan 52 Scrapbooking Challenges on UK Scrappers as I felt I needed the "nudge" to get creative again... and as my Lurvlie friend Sally said to me, scrapping is great when you feel Blaaah!!!

So here are my attempts at Challenge 1 & 2.....






The first challenge - explained very loosely was to do journalling, or write/type a quote onto strips of cardstock.....


My layout shows my darling cats..... living the good life!!





I used: Bazzil cardstock, Ki memories Pet Shop "Here Kitty"patterned paper, and the felt shapes were cut on my trusty Cuttlebug.









Challenge 2 was to only use one photo, which has been converted to black and white.

For this I used a fab photo, taken by a dear friend, Jules, at the Lurvlies retreat in October 2007.

I used: Dk brown and pink Bazzill cardstock, Making memories ribbon and shimmer brad, and again I used my lovely Cuttlebug to cut some felt hearts and flowers... I do love a bit of texture on a page!

This photo brings back very happy memories!!








So.... I'm not going to make any mad promises about being a super efficient regular blogger, because I don't suppose (if anyone does actually read this) that you'd believe me!!! lol ..... but hopefully I'll be back before the end of the year!!

No comments: